- Trading houses
- International banks and Funds/Investors
- Credit insurance and debt recovery agencies
- Energy Companies
- Corporates in the Finance and Telecommunications sectors
Our aim is to bring commercial solutions to avert problems but where litigation is necessary, we are specialists in achieving the best results for clients. We have litigated on Commercial disputes in all levels of courts in England and Wales, from major Commercial disputes in the High Court through to debt recovery programmes in County Courts. We are leading experts in Arbitrations conducted under LCIA Rules, ICC and ad hoc arrangements.
Examples of recent Commercial Litigation matters include:
- Representing Scipion, a major Trade Finance Manager of Funds in bringing successful claims against Collateral Managers following the disappearance of US$13m of stock ( Scipion v Vallis Commodities LTD )
- Advising major international investors over investments in African economies and losses flowing from stock losses.
- Advising Banks on investment recoveries following collapses of major International borrowers.
- Representing Banks in obtaining injunctive relief to stop fraudulent removals of funds
- Advising Banks on Cyber strategies and dealing with data thefts.
- Advising on legacy claim liabilities on complex corporate restructuring
- Acting for investor in substantial dispute against major Bank in relation to fund performance
- Acted in multi-jurisdictional Palmali litigation involving complex disputes over loan agreements, joint ventures and asset purchasing
- Advising on Joint Venture disputes on mining licences in East Africa
- Assisting international insurer in issues regarding damage to airport terminal
- Advising two motorway operator companies in Greece in COVID-19 related Business Interruption insurance claims