The team at Preston Turnbull includes some of the leading litigators in the superyacht market, acting across disputes involving Yacht charters, sales and broker disputes. The firm also has acted in litigation involving some of the world’s largest and most iconic yachts and has particular expertise in handling disputes arising during projects for newbuild bespoke yachts, including claims arising from defects after delivery. While able to deliver expert legal advice and support during any disputes, the team prides itself on adopting a commercial approach to assist with getting projects delivered while resolving problems along the way.
Examples of recent Superyacht work includes:
- Nobiskrug v Valla Yachts  – disputes arising out of the build of Sailing Yacht “A”
- Arbitrations regarding warranty claims on a luxury Yacht
- Advice on Build contracts for refit and newbuild Superyacht projects
- Acting for insurers in relation to damage to Superyacht at sea
- Acting for Yacht Brokers in relation to new build projects