Preston Turnbull have a wealth of experience in our market leading shipbuilding and offshore construction team, having acted for many of the largest shipbuilders in the world in matters involving cutting edge conventional vessels, offshore FPSO's, drillships and semi-submersibles, as well as acting on Super and Mega Yacht construction projects, and smaller high-tech expedition and explorer projects.
We have been involved in some of the leading High Court cases on project delay and warranty claims over the last decade, and can advise on all aspects of newbuild projects in the shipbuilding and offshore construction sectors.
We advise insurers and their insureds on shipbuilding policies and subcontractors’ liabilities. Our expertise spans:
- Newbuild contract review and advice
- Disputes relating to Refund Guarantees
- FEED and engineering errors and verification disputes
- Project delays and force majeure
- Liquidated damages
- Extensions of time and termination disputes
- Disputes relating to subcontractor costs and performance
- Non-conformities and disputes arising during construction
- Variation/Change order disputes
- Post-delivery warranty claims